You get a lot for your money with any one of these dual-conversion FM receivers. In just one evening of building fun you can be snooping around the band monitoring the local repeater checking-out new bands or even eavesdropping in on the local police and businesses. There are no short cuts taken in the design of these units-sensitivity is equal to full size monitor receivers or scanners. Schools, scout troops clubs and hobbyists use these receivers for teaching monitoring and just plain building enjoyment. Any one of these little receivers are ideal for easy chair listening-and with no big clunky box and wiring to aggravate the XYL! All four receivers can be tuned outside of the intended amateur bands.
Kit includes detailed step-by-step manual that carefully guides you to a finished working radio. You choose what frequency to build. Runs on 9V Battery. Case measures 5w x 5 1/4d x 1 1/2h inches.
- Tunes any 5MHz portion of receiver band
- Excellent performance less than 1uV sensitivity dual conversion (10.7MHz tuned IF)
- True Superhet Receiver with sharp ceramic IF filters
- Front panel volume squelch and tuning controls
- 400mw of audio output
- Varactor tuned with volume and squelch controls