SNAP CIRCUITS HOME LEARNING KIT BUILD 25+ ELECTRONIC PROJECTS
Part No: SCHL-1
Manufacturer: ELENCO ELECTRONICS
Stock No: 2011-CK3
SKU No: 260538
Image is for illustrative purposes only. Please refer to product description.
$19.95 CAD SAVE $38
Stock may not be available at all store locations. Inventory quantites can change without notice.
The manual of Snap Circuits® Home Learning emphasizes the practical
applications of electronics. This
set is as much about science as about electronics. It teaches how to
conduct a scientific investigation, and the activities develop basic
skills needed in today's world.
As a result of completion of activities 1 - 30 in this kit, students will:
- Understand basic information about electricity as a form of energy
- Control the flow of electricity through several circuits and device
- Identify the path of electricity through a circuit
- Repair a non-functioning circuit
- Transform electrical energy into light, sound, and motion
- Identify series and parallel circuits
- Determine if materials are conductors of electricity or insulators
- Observe the effect of resistance on the brightness of a bulb or LED
- Study the motion of a motor
- Produce and study sound from a speaker
- Draw and label circuit diagrams
- Build a Morse Code sender (telegraph using light instead of sound)
- Send and receive messages in Morse code, and decode messages received
- Observe the effect of fluorescent light on a spinning disc
- Observe the effect of electricity on a temporary magnet (electromagnet)
- Use a transistor to switch devices on or off
- Make a circuit that detects the presence of water
- Have a better understanding of the scientific method of investigation
For ages: 8+
Includes 25 parts with a downloadable manual with introduction, 30 activities and quiz.
Requires 2 AA batteries, sold separately.